Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome!

It's the end of another semester. For The Ink Slinger, that means it's time for another blogger to take over for last semester's writer, Elena. And, yes, that's me.

I'm Caitlin, a junior, almost senior, English major with a journalism concentration at UD. I've been a part of The Review staff for a full semester, but have written for them for a full school year now. Next semester in addition to this blog I am also the Editorial Editor, in case you were wondering.

The whole reason I asked to take over The Ink Slinger was because of my fascination for national, but especially international news. I developed a love for it over the last few years as I studied politics, cultural and social issues and economic in countries throughout the world--from China to Uganda to Russia to the U.S. As of now, I'm hoping to become some type of foreign correspondent someday, so I guess this is my start.

I'll wrap this up on one last note-- I hope you enjoy reading this as much I think I'll enjoy writing. Feel free to read, comment and criticize as much as you'd like. And thanks for checking out the Ink Slinger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was quite the story telling! Im quite amazed at all the things you've done! No wonder your soo happy! Well I hope you had your fun and excitement. In the mean while, as winters kicking in right now, we might be expecting some change! A change in weather hopefully to the better :} I dunno, some how reading about what you wrote makes me remember things that I never thought I would have ever remembered, funny how that works doesn't it??
-Much LoVe